Join New York Photonics/The Rochester Regional Photonics Cluster (RRPC) at their Annual Meeting to learn how you can help advance the growth of New York's Optics, Photonics and Imaging Industry.
The 2014 RRPC Annual Meeting
Thursday, September 4, 2014
3:30PM - 6:30PM
Rochester Museum & Science Center
Upstate New York has long enjoyed a strategic advantage in Optics, Photonics and Imaging (OPI). Rochester-based companies have led the way in adaptive optics, biomedical optics, geospatial imaging, aspheres, thin films, freeform optics, advanced metrology, and more.
The Meeting will feature discussions on sustaining the region's competitive advantage in OPI and the possibility of a National Center for Optics & Photonics Manufacturing in Rochester.
Congresswoman Louise Slaughter (NY-25), an ardent advocate for bringing Optics & Photonics support to Rochester, will present opening remarks. Other speakers include:
- Kevin Füchsel, Head of Department Strategy - Marketing - Coordination, Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Optics and Precision Engineering
- Steve Anderson, Industry and Market Strategist for SPIE; former Editor-In-Chief, Laser Focus World
- Susan Christopherson, Professor and Department Chair, Cornell University Department of City and Regional Planning
- Paul Ballentine, Executive Director, Center for Emerging and Innovative Sciences University of Rochester
- Panel moderator: Ryne Rafaelle, PhD, Vice President for Research & Associate Provost, Rochester Institute of Technology